The report from the interfaith dialogue "Multi-Religious and Multi-Stakeholder Collaboration for the Advancement of New Urban Agenda," hosted by the World Evangelical Alliance in partnership with Religions for Peace and UN-Habitat on Tuesday, 26th April 2022, is now available online.
On 26 April, 2022, the World Evangelical Alliance and partners reflected on the successful partnerships between urban-relevant actors, such as UN-Habitat, faith-based leaders, and faith-based organizations. Speakers acknowledged past and recent developments and discussed future collaboration opportunities for implementing the New Urban Agenda and advancing the Sustainable Development Goal 11. Read the report here.
We will keep you informed on the continued efforts of the World Evangelical Alliance, Religions for Peace, and the UN-Habitat as we plan for another dialogue and other opportunities to collaboratively build sustainable cities and environments.
List of Speakers:
- Prof. Dr. Azza Karam, Secretary General, Religions for Peace
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Schirrmacher, Secretary General, World Evangelical Alliance
- Mr. Andre Dzikus, Head, Urban Basic Service, UN-Habitat
- Dr. Chris Elisara, Co-Director, World Evangelical Alliance Sustainability Center
- Mr. Daniel Perell, Representative to the United Nations, Bahá'í International
- Priestess Beatriz Schulthess, President, Indigenous Peoples Ancestral Spiritual Council
- Rabbi Daniel Swartz, Temple Hesed
- Ms. Ana-Maria Daou, Head of Research and Courses Unit, Adyan Foundation
- Dr. Aditi Mishal, Chief Sustainability Officer, Govardhan Ecovillage
- Ms Molly Burhans, Founder and Executive Director, GoodLands
- Sheikh Ebraheem Ssali, Executive Secretary, African Forum for Muslim Councils
- Prof. Omar Cortes Gaibur, Executive Director, Chilean Association of Interreligious Dialogue
for Human Development
- Ms. Merylene Chitharai, Religions for Peace Interfaith Youth Network