How does it work?
We use the webinar solution "Adobe Connect" for our webinars.
Step 1: Please check in advance: Are the system requirements met? Audio and video work?
(Adobe Connect works with all popular Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari), but the browser version must be up-to-date.The Adobe Flash Player must be installed and your Internet connection must be stable.)
Step 2: Click on the invitation link to attend the webinar
(The invitation link will be sent to you by e-mail as soon as you register to participate (by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org). Once the link has been clicked, you will be redirected to the Adobe Connect website, where You can log in to the webinar. Enter your email address in the "Name" field and log in as "Guest" (not as "Registered User") After logging in successfully, a new window opens and you are in the webinar room and attending the webinar.)
Webinar “People and Planet 2.0 – Can the Covid-19 tragedy be a historic reset?”
Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:00:00 PM CEST - 3:30:00 PM CEST
On 11 March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus a global pandemic. Since its outbreak in January in Wuhan, China, the world has increasingly been gripped by fear as the virus spreads. Normal life and societies in many places have been disrupted. Businesses, schools, and industries have been affected. Countries are on lock down and large populations are under quarantine in an effort to contain the spread of this virus. This is a global challenge. We express deep concern and sympathy for all who are affected, especially to those in parts of the world where this challenge is being most acutely felt. We express our deep regret at the fatalities that have occurred.
The current outbreak of the COVID-19 virus and its quick spread has a lot to do with how humanity (mis-)manages and (mis-)uses the environment. It also has some very practical implications for creation care work around the globe – both on the advocacy and the implementation level.
The webinar wrestles with three key questions:
1. Stepping back – What can we learn about humanity, our societies, and our planet from this crisis?
2. Stepping out – In which way does the current COVID-19 crisis provide a historic chance to rethink and redo the “People and Planet partnership”?
3. Stepping up – How can people of faith be inspiring voices of hope and helpful hands of good these days, spreading the positive virus of transformation globally?
Amid global crisis and suffering, we want to think about some of the ways to find hope for humanity and the planet. How do we immediately need to start communicating and acting to make “People and Planet 2.0” a healthier, more stable new normal after COVID-19?
- Kuki Rokhum, Head of Training and Mobilization, Evangelical Fellowship of India Commission on Relief (EFICOR) (tbc)
- Matthias Boehning, Director, WEA Sustainability Center (confirmed)
- Dave Bookless, Director for Theology, A Rocha International (confirmed)
- Katharine Hayhoe, Climate Ambassador of the World Evangelical Alliance (tbc)
- Ben Niblett, Coordinator of Renew our World, Tearfund (confirmed)
The webinar will make use of an interactive format to engage with the audience, including time to ask questions to the speakers, answer some hopefully inspiring questions for yourself and engage in a joint prayer time with different prayer points that we have prepared.
The next announcements will follow shortly
“How Christians can Really Engage in Creation Care”
Monday, 30th September 2019
"Faith in Action – Fighting Global Plastic Pollution and Empowering the Poor"
Monday, 18 March