Das am Montag, 30. September 2019, vom WEA Sustainability Center veranstaltete Webinar ist ab sofort online verfügbar
(Hinweis: Alle Webinare des WEA Sustainability Centers finden in englischer Sprache statt. Alle damit verbundenen Informationen und Materialien werden deshalb ebenfalls ausschließlich auf Englisch verfügbar gemacht.)
On the occasion of the Season of Creation, the WEASC together with the World Council of Churches and Bread for the World hosted a webinar titled “How Christians can Really Engage in Creation Care“.
“God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good.” (Genesis 1:31). Creation is intrinsically good. Creation is a loving gift from the hand of God, and humans—who are a special and unique part of creation being made in God’s image—are given the inimitable responsibility to be good and faithful stewards of God’s gift of creation. Despite the biblical call to protect the earth’s environment and all therein, humanity is faced with an environmental and climate crisis that is pressing, urgent, and that must be resolved in our generation. Hence, a number of urgent question arise: What can you personally do as a Christian when you know from the study of scripture that God calls us to care for His gift of creation? What can churches and congregations do in order to be faithful to the biblical call to care for creation? How can we motivate fellow believers and explain the theological foundation of creation care in a tangible way? Which kind of action steps can we follow to put our commitment to God’s creation in practice?
The webinar addresses these questions by inviting experts from different Christian organizations to teach and inspire us on how churches can really engage in creation care. The experts address different levels of action: individual Christians and families, churches and congregations, as well as national and international umbrella bodies. On the occasion of the Season of Creation, we once again want to remember that after all, creation care is a gospel issue within the lordship of Christ.
- Prof. Dr. Dr. hc. Dietrich Werner, Advisor on theological questions and expert in eco-theology, Bread for the World
- Athena Peralta, Programme Executive for Economic and Ecological Justice, World Council of Churches
- Sheryl Haw, International Director, Micah Global
- Ben Niblett, Renew Our World Coordinator, Tearfund
- Matthias Boehning, Director, WEA Sustainability Center
- Ed Brown, Creation Care Catalyst, Lausanne/WEA Creation Care Network
Agenda: (click on any item on the agenda to access the PDF)
- Welcome & Introduction, Lilian M. Kurz (WEASC)
- The Theological Foundation of Creation Care, Prof. Dr. Dr. hc. Dietrich Werner
- The Roadmap for Congregations, Communities, and Churches for an Economy of Life and Ecological Justice, Athena Peralta
- How Global and Multi-stakeholder Christian Networks Advocate for Creation Care, Sheryl Haw
- On Global Campaigns for Creation Care, Ben Niblett and Matthias Boehning
- From the Global to the Individual: Action Steps for Creation Care on the Individual Level, Ed Brown
- Questions & Answers, Lilian M. Kurz (WEASC)